2019 Live Line Demonstration Events
Learn about electrical safety at live line demonstrations
Power line safety is one of the most serious and deadly issues a utility lineman has to face. However, they are not the only ones who may come into contact with live power wires. Fire fighters, police officers and other first responders are on the front lines when accidents occur, sometimes bringing high voltage wires down creating dangerous conditions. Farmers and others in the community also have potential to come into contact with wires, and everyday items like balloons and kites can pose hidden hazards.
Learn what to do if you come into contact with power lines at Live Line demonstrations in our five office locations this summer and fall. This event is open to the general public, along with schools, first responders, farm safety, businesses and any other organizations that are interested in promoting safety.
Each event will run 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Dates are:
- July 31 – Barnesville Office, 37801 Barnesville-Bethesda Road, Barnesville, OH 43713
- August 21 – Circleville Office, 2100 Chickasaw Drive, Circleville OH, 43113
- August 28 – Hillsboro Office, 110 Danville Pike Road, Hillsboro, OH 45133
- October 3 – Lancaster Office, 2780 Coonpath Road NE, Lancaster, OH 43130
- October 30 – Canal Winchester Operations Center, 10229 Busey Road, Canal Winchester, OH 43110
You’ll walk away with a healthy respect for electricity and the dangers around it. Our presenters will show you what can happen when animals contact power lines, and you’ll see first hand what happens when an individual comes into contact with 7200 volts of electricity, which can prove fatal. You’ll also learn how an electrical arc can happen, and what causes your lights to blink.
If you’re interested in attending, please RSVP today!