Employment opportunities with South Central Power
South Central Power invites you to explore your career opportunities with us and learn more about the cooperative. We strive to maintain a well qualified and productive workforce. South Central Power strongly believes in and follows Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) principles and provides a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salaries.
Current job openings
South Central Power Company, Ohio’s largest electric cooperative, is seeking an experienced individual to fill the position of Director of Member Experience.
This position provides leadership and direction for all functions related to the Cooperative’s contact center. The position is responsible for the development and implementation of programs and processes that will improve efficiencies, increase member satisfaction and foster goodwill between the cooperative and its members. Experience in establishing, monitoring, and analyzing key performance indicators is required. The successful candidate will have strong leadership experience that fosters a culture of coaching, team building, and development of staff.
The cooperative’s member service function is spread across the corporate headquarters in Lancaster, Ohio and three district offices. The position would report to our Lancaster office with frequent travel to district offices required. This position will report to the Vice President of Member Services. Direct reports include a staff of four with an additional 30 indirect reports fulfilling front-line member service responsibilities on a day-to-day basis.
- Candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree in business administration, or a related field.
- At least 10 years of practical application of skills is required with at least three of those years in direct supervision.
- Experience in a utility or related organization is preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing. Must demonstrate the ability to successfully lead change, supervise personnel and deal with a variety of people under different and sometimes difficult circumstances.
- Must be proficient with computer programs like Word and Excel and should have experience with Interactive Voice Response (IVR) units and call recording/monitoring equipment. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package.
EEO – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
South Central Power Company is looking for a knowledgeable and experienced leader to fill the position of Substation Supervisor.
This position directs, coordinates and controls the maintenance and operations of all transmission and distribution substations within established company guidelines, the company’s strategic initiatives, and regulatory compliance parameters. Responsibilities include ensuring the proper operations and maintenance of all substations by following established guidelines for testing, troubleshooting, repairing controls and equipment; providing information and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems; coaching direct reports in the installation, testing, commissioning, training, troubleshooting and repairing of various equipment such as controls, voltage regulators, voltage supplies, relays, wiring control panels, etc.; actively coordinating activities with Department Manager and others; responsible and accountable for adherence to federal and state regulatory requirements; working with Operations Department in developing switching procedures for substations and transmission lines and providing training to employees assigned to related tasks; coordinating and supervising upgrades of existing stations and maintenance projects; and overseeing consultants and contractors to ensure compliance with company standards, specifications and contract requirements.
We are looking for an experienced supervisor with strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills who will work hard to ensure South Central Power’s commitment to safety and organizational excellence is upheld. The successful applicant must be able to effectively communicate, both written and verbal, with the capability to effectively teach, mentor and coach personnel to achieve desired performance. The successful candidate will also have strong project management and reporting skills. This position will report to the Director of Technical Services. Direct reports include a total of six Substation Maintenance Workers.
- A degree in engineering, electrical technology is required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in all phases of electrical distribution and transmission, and substation construction and maintenance is required. Previous supervisory or leadership experience is preferred.
- Requires the use of judgment to plan, perform and make decisions as to the sequence of processes within the limitations of standard methods or procedures. Strong problem solving and analytical skills required. Proficiency in the use of computers required, as well as strong leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Must have intensive knowledge of operating, environmental and regulatory compliance and safety procedures for electrical distribution and transmission lines and substations. Knowledge of testing, repairing and maintenance procedures for substation and line equipment and familiarity with protective relaying principles, automated controllers, IEDs and SCADA equipment is required.
South Central Power Company offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, retirement, 401(K) and paid-time off.
EEO – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Apply for a position
This employment application is intended to be completed only when a position is available at the cooperative. Applicants may apply online (see the job description for the link to apply) or print and complete the application and fax or mail it to the contact information below. Resumes may be attached to the application.
In order to be considered an applicant at South Central Power Company, basic qualifications specified in the job posting must be met. If your qualifications are adequate with the posted job requirements, you may be contacted for further employment consideration.
Learn about working for cooperatives
Learn more about what it is like to work at an electric cooperative by watching the video below.
Human Resources Department
South Central Power Company
2780 Coonpath Road NE
Lancaster, OH 43130
Equal Opportunity Employer