Employment opportunities with South Central Power
South Central Power invites you to explore your career opportunities with us and learn more about the cooperative. We strive to maintain a well qualified and productive workforce. South Central Power strongly believes in and follows Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) principles and provides a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salaries.
Current job openings
South Central Power Company has an immediate opening for an Apprentice Line Worker OR Journeyman Line Worker at our Hillsboro location. Journeyman Line Worker is preferred.
Responsibilities will be assigned based on the successful candidate’s level of training and experience but will include types of work involved with the installation, maintenance, operation, removal and inspection of electrical transmission and distribution facilities, which includes substations. Safety is a top priority of South Central Power Company. Therefore, the successful candidate will have demonstrated safe work practices, exceptional communication skills, and be committed to playing an active role in safety.
- Must possess a high school degree or equivalent
- Completion of a trade program in the electrical field
- Previous line work experience preferred
- Maintain a Class A CDL
- Successfully pass a background check, drug/alcohol test and a physical and knowledge-based pre-hire assessment
**Apprentices are required to successfully complete a company-sponsored apprenticeship program. The awarded candidate will be required to reside within 25 miles of the assigned work facility within the first 6 months of employment and be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for scheduled or unscheduled assignments.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package. Apply to join our team today!
EEO – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
South Central Power Company, Ohio’s largest electric cooperative, is looking for an energetic and creative individual to fill the position of Communications Specialist with a focus in design. This position will be responsible for crafting multimedia content for use in communicating with members, employees and the public. The successful applicant must possess a strong ability to engage internal and external audiences through strong interpersonal and creative skills. Superior writing and graphic design skills are required. Strong knowledge of social media tools and engagement strategies is required. The position works out of our Lancaster office and reports to our Communications Manager.
- A post-secondary degree in graphic design, multi-media arts, journalism, marketing, communications or a related field is required.
- Three to five years in the field of communications with design, photography and/or video experience is preferred.
- Must possess advanced knowledge of principles and tactics of design, photography, and video production, writing and editing skills, and must be able to operate within a Windows/PC-based computer environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Creative Cloud applications, as well as online services such as Canva, WordPress and social media management platforms.
South Central Power Company offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, retirement, 401(K) and paid-time off.
EEO – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Apply for a position
This employment application is intended to be completed only when a position is available at the cooperative. Applicants may apply online (see the job description for the link to apply) or print and complete the application and fax or mail it to the contact information below. Resumes may be attached to the application.
In order to be considered an applicant at South Central Power Company, basic qualifications specified in the job posting must be met. If your qualifications are adequate with the posted job requirements, you may be contacted for further employment consideration.
Learn about working for cooperatives
Learn more about what it is like to work at an electric cooperative by watching the video below.
Human Resources Department
South Central Power Company
2780 Coonpath Road NE
Lancaster, OH 43130
Equal Opportunity Employer