Employment opportunities with South Central Power
South Central Power invites you to explore your career opportunities with us and learn more about the cooperative. We strive to maintain a well qualified and productive workforce. South Central Power strongly believes in and follows Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) principles and provides a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salaries.
Current job openings
South Central Power Company, Ohio’s largest electric cooperative, is seeking an experienced individual to fill the position of Director of Member Experience.
This position provides leadership and direction for all functions related to the Cooperative’s contact center. The position is responsible for the development and implementation of programs and processes that will improve efficiencies, increase member satisfaction and foster goodwill between the cooperative and its members. Experience in establishing, monitoring, and analyzing key performance indicators is required. The successful candidate will have strong leadership experience that fosters a culture of coaching, team building, and development of staff.
The cooperative’s member service function is spread across the corporate headquarters in Lancaster, Ohio and three district offices. The position would report to our Lancaster office with frequent travel to district offices required. This position will report to the Vice President of Member Services. Direct reports include a staff of four with an additional 30 indirect reports fulfilling front-line member service responsibilities on a day-to-day basis.
- Candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree in business administration, or a related field.
- At least 10 years of practical application of skills is required with at least three of those years in direct supervision.
- Experience in a utility or related organization is preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate both verbally and in writing. Must demonstrate the ability to successfully lead change, supervise personnel and deal with a variety of people under different and sometimes difficult circumstances.
- Must be proficient with computer programs like Word and Excel and should have experience with Interactive Voice Response (IVR) units and call recording/monitoring equipment. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package.
EEO – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Apply for a position
This employment application is intended to be completed only when a position is available at the cooperative. Applicants may apply online (see the job description for the link to apply) or print and complete the application and fax or mail it to the contact information below. Resumes may be attached to the application.
In order to be considered an applicant at South Central Power Company, basic qualifications specified in the job posting must be met. If your qualifications are adequate with the posted job requirements, you may be contacted for further employment consideration.
Learn about working for cooperatives
Learn more about what it is like to work at an electric cooperative by watching the video below.
Human Resources Department
South Central Power Company
2780 Coonpath Road NE
Lancaster, OH 43130
Equal Opportunity Employer