Just for Kids
Various resources are available for kids of all ages to learn about electricity and its dangers. Electricity is everywhere. It powers the appliances and computers that surround kids – they come across outlets, cords and power lines every day. South Central Power has developed this section to teach kids the principles of electricity and the important safety skills they need to make good choices around electricity.
Kid’s Korner uses information, experiments, games, and activities to teach students the principles of electric and electrical safety.
Children help Willie Wirehand complete word scrambles, puzzles and solve mystery messages. These activities teach kids about electrical safety.
Join us each month for a fun activity for kids brought to you by Energy Explorers!
- Energy Explorers Summer Fun Word Search – June 2018
- Energy Explorers Lineworker Maze– April 2018
- Energy Explorers Valentines Day Word Search – February 2018
- Energy Explorers Electrical Safety Activity – December 2017
- Energy Explorers Autumn Crossword Puzzle – November 2017
- Energy Explorers Word Search – October 2017
- Energy Explorers Farm Safety Coloring Sheet – September 2017
- Energy Explorers Flip That Switch Door Hanger – August 2017
- Energy Explorers Independence Day Word Search – July 2017
- Energy Explorers Pool Safety Activity – June 2017
- Energy Explorers Electrical Safety Activity – May 2017
- Energy Explorers Spring Safety Coloring Sheet – April 2017
- Energy Explorers Crossword Puzzle – March 2017
- Energy Explorers Energy Sources Activity – February 2017
- Energy Explorers 2017 Energy Efficiency Calendar – January 2017
Lesson plans for K-8 grade students that exercise electrical safety and energy conservation.
- Wasting Energy at Home?: Elementary
- The Electric Hookup: Middle School
- Home Energy Audit: Middle School
For more information, complete our online request form or call Liz Bainter at 1-800-282-5064, ext. 6252.