Being a lineman isn’t easy, whether you’re on the football field or working from a bucket. To show our support of all kinds of linemen, South Central Power will be spotlighting some of the best linemen across Ohio, on and off the field.
Each week this fall, in different communities we serve, South Central will spotlight two “Linemen of the Week,” including a South Central Line Worker and a local football player. The spotlight will include photos and brief Q&As with both linemen, highlighting their backgrounds and what helps them to be successful in their roles.
Follow us on Facebook, Intragram or Twitter to learn about each week’s special linemen throughout the high school football season, or search for the hashtag #lineman2lineman to stay in the know.
Week 8: Wyatt Stoddard from Pickerington North High School and South Central Power’s Kelly Ryan
Wyatt Stoddard: senior, Pickerington North High School
- Hometown: Pickerington
- Sports played: Football and wrestling
- Notable highlights: Team captain, 4.1 GPA, National Honor Society president, Student Council member
- Favorite sports team: Pittsburgh Steelers
- Years playing football: 14 years
- Football position: Left tackle
- Best thing about being a lineman: Being able to go head to head against someone every play and dominate them.
- Favorite hobby off the field: Watching NFL football
- What keeps you going when things get tough: My family
- Wyatt’s coach, Nate Hillerich, says: Our offensive line’s motto is “Tip of the Spear,” and Wyatt models what this means. Wyatt is not only a great offensive lineman but he is a captain and leader for us.
Kelly Ryan: journeyman line worker, Hillsboro
- Hometown: Waverly
- Sports played: Football and baseball
- Notable highlights: Journeyman lineworker
- Favorite sports team: Ohio State Buckeyes
- Years working as a lineman: 25 years
- Best thing about being a lineman: Working outdoors, job security
- Favorite hobby outside of work: Hunting
- What keeps you going when things get tough: Family
- Kelly’s supervisor, Brian Huff, says: Kelly is a great leader and has been a pleasure to work with since I have been at South Central Power. I thank him for his valued service.