South Central Power Company Foundation awards grants
May 17, 2017
The South Central Power Foundation announced grant recipients at South Central Power’s recent quarterly meeting. The Foundation awarded 40 grants totaling $118,549.93 at its April meeting. The Foundation awarded grants to:
- Amanda Clearcreek High School Band
- Barnesville Girl Scout Troop #5795
- Basil Joint Fire District
- Berger Health Foundation – Circle of Caring
- Berne Union High School Science Department
- Bloom Carroll High School – Family & Consumer Sciences
- Bloom Carroll Music Boosters
- Bloom Carroll Science Club – Stone Lab
- Boy Scouts Troop 257
- Cherry Ridge Therapeutic Learning Programs
- Clearcreek Township Community Park
- Concord Township Volunteer Fire Department
- Earth Angel Foundation of Ohio
- Fairfield Agriculture Boosters
- Fairfield Center for Disabilities & Cerebral Palsy Inc.
- First Baptist Church
- Franklin County Local Outreach to Suicide Survivors
- Gorsuch West Elementary
- Grace Bible Church – TeenServe 2017
- Harcum House Child Advocacy Center
- Harrison Central Marching Band Boosters Inc.
- Highland County Firefighters Association
- Howell Parks Arboretum and Learning Garden
- Integrated Services of Behavioral Health
- Jewett Community Food Pantry
- Lancaster Citizen Police Academy Alumni Association
- The Lancaster Playhouse
- Lutheran Social Services of Central Ohio
- Meals on Wheels Older Adult Alternative of Fairfield County Inc.
- Monroe County Junior Livestock Sale Committee
- Morgan Schriner
- Pleasant Church
- Pricetown Church of Christ
- Ross-Hocking Extension Camp Association
- SOOH Fairfield Double J Stables
- South Bloomfield UM Church Women Who Care
- Ted Lewis Museum of Circleville and Pickaway County Inc.
- Village of Williamsport
- Wil-Deer Rec Board
- William McKinley #21 Safe the Cannon
The South Central Power Company Foundation is separate from the electric cooperative and operates with its own 11-member board of directors. Grant applications are reviewed quarterly, where the Foundation awards the approved grants.
Operation Round Up, a program that automatically “rounds up” the electric cooperative members’ monthly bill to the next highest dollar funds the South Central Power Foundation. The next Operation Round Up grant application deadline is June 30, 2017. Applications are available at www.southcentralpower.com.