South Central Power Company Foundation Awards Grants
August 10, 2017
The South Central Power Foundation announced grant recipients at South Central Power’s recent quarterly meeting.
The Foundation awarded 31 grants totaling $117,969.17 at its July meeting. The Foundation awarded grants to:
- A Key to Giving
- Adena Band Boosters
- Amanda Clearcreek Multiple Disabilities Classroom
- Belmont County Military Disabilities Classroom
- Bloom Carroll Elementary PTO
- Bremen-Bethel Presbyterian Church
- Children’s Clothing Bank
- Clarington Volunteer Fire Department Inc.
- Clarksburg United Methodist Church Kids Club
- Crossed Paws Animal Shelter
- Eastern Band Boosters
- Fairfield Union School District
- Jacob Getz Jr.
- Honor Flight Columbus
- Hopewell/Madison Choice Pantry
- Liberty Union Thurston Middle School
- Living Word Food Distribution Center
- Monday Creek Township Volunteer Fire Department
- Monroe County District Library
- Noble Local Schools
- OSU Extension, Fairfield County
- Pickaway County Family YMCA
- Pickaway County Farm Bureau
- Pleasant Township Fire Department
- Powhatan Elementary
- John’s Lutheran Church
- Supplementary Assistance to the Handicapped, Inc.
- The Switzerland of Ohio H.E.L.P.
- Thurston United Methodist Church
- Victory Hill Church
- Village of Carroll
The South Central Power Company Foundation is separate from the electric cooperative and operates with its own 11-member board of directors. Grant applications are reviewed quarterly, where the Foundation awards the approved grants.
Operation Round Up, a program that automatically “rounds up” the electric cooperative members’ monthly bill to the next highest dollar funds the South Central Power Foundation. The next Operation Round Up grant application deadline is September 30, 2017. Applications are available at www.southcentralpower.com.