Receive Outage Alerts via Text
South Central Power offers Outage Alerts text messaging to help keep members better informed during power outages.
When enrolled for Outage Alerts members will generally receive notifications when:
- We have verified an outage at the member’s address
- Power is restored
During an outage, South Central Power will use text alerts to share general outage information rather than information related to a specific service address. South Central Power may also share information through email, website, social media and local radio and television stations depending on the size of the outage.
This is a free service; there are no sign-up fees or costs, although normal text and/or data rates may apply to your cell phone.
Signing up is easy! Here’s how:
- To receive text messages, text the key word SCPOPTIN to short code 85700
Make sure your cell phone number on file with us is current. There are two ways to add/update your phone number:
- Using your smartphone or computer, log into your online account and under My Profile/Contact Information, enter your current cell phone number (if you haven’t registered your online account yet, go to My Account to do so).
- Call 1-800-282-5064 to speak to a representative to request the phone number be added to your account.
Once your cell number is up to date, you can opt in. Please allow 25 hours after adding your cell phone number to your account.
* When you text SCPOPTIN, be sure to check that your phone did not autocorrect to another word.
** If you do not receive a confirmation when you attempt to opt in, contact your carrier to check to see if they have blocked short codes.